A new phablet which was expected for some time, presented by Sony with the name Xperia Z Ultra.
As you might guess, the Xperia Z Ultra has roughly the same design as the popular Xperia Z with Sony have gone in metal margins around the device, unlike the Xperia Z which had glass. Furthermore, Sony was able to reduce the thickness to 6.5 mm, giving the designation as the thinnest “1080p smartphone”.
Impressive display of 6.44-inch gives 60% more surface area for the user to work from smartphones with 5-inch screen. For the first time we meet Triluminos technology on a smartphone screen
With Full HD resolution of 344 PPI, the Xperia Z Ultra uses technologies OptiContrast and X-Reality which is considered to be the next generation of the Mobile Bravia engine. On the surface of the Xperia Z Ultra you can use even a pencil or a pen.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra features an Adreno GPU, based on Snapdragon 800 chipset, processor Krait 400 at 2.2 GHz. Sony expects that it will master all the benchmarks of android devices in the near future. On the back there is the known camera 8mp with Exmor RS sensor and capable of recording Full HD video, but without LED Flash.
Finally, like the other models in the Z family, Xperia Z Ultra features protection from dust and waterproof and it’s going even deeper than the Xperia Z reaching 1 meter depth.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra will be released in the autumn and in 3 colors without reference to price.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- 6.4” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine for the ultimate big screen entertainment experience
- Ultra slim, waterproof** and dust-resistant (IP55/IP58) durable design
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs and 4G LTE for fast performance
- Write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm)
- Full accessory ecosystem for premium entertainment and one-touch connectivity
- Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life